Dress for Success
In an effort to prepare students to be college and career ready, we want them to be able to focus on the instructional program and not be distracted by clothing issues. It should also not cause a safety issue, so please use these rules as a guideline when sending your child to school each day.
Students may NOT wear the following items:
- Any clothing that makes references to drugs or alcohol
- Halter tops, one-shoulder tops & strapless dresses
- sleeveless tops for girls must be two finger lengths wide (bra straps should not be showing)
- Muscle shirts or boys tanks where the chest area is visible from the side
- Hats/scarves on head or on the body
- Heavy coats/jackets, etc inside the building
- Slippers or inappropriate footwear
- Yoga shorts/shorts/leggings that are too tight or too short (length can be determined by placing your child’s arm by their side and having them make a fist. If the shorts are shorter than the placement of the fist – they are too short for school)
Please note that students who are not dressed appropriately will be asked to change or contact a parent for appropriate clothing.